About LHBC Women's Ministry
This committee was created to connect women with Jesus Christ and each other. We work to develop relationships where we can share our life with each other. Building these relationships helps to strengthen each of us – gives us that person to come alongside, encouraging, comforting and rejoicing with each of us! Not only do we need that intimate connection with Jesus Christ, but especially as women, we need those relationships. Life is tough and exciting!
We meet on a monthly basis planning and discussing different ways to reach and connect women in our church. We have Coffee Connection Conversation every other month – this is a way for women to connect and a devotional is shared with time for table discussion. We have Bible Studies planned throughout the year – giving us time to lean into God, hear what he has for each of us specifically and time to share with one another. We host retreats – we sing worship music, have speakers who lead sessions and then time for small group discussions. All of these events are extremely important to our mission statement; connecting women with God and each other.
Our hope is that women grow in their relationship with God, develop strong bonds and relationships with each other, and learn/use their gifts to serve others. This is a long-term ministry.
We have lots of things we do/planned:
- Coffee, Connection, & Conversation
- Ladies Night Out – celebrating birthdays during the month (will be held at a restaurant in Sioux Falls the 3rd Monday of each month starting in January)
- Breakfast Fundraiser – 1st and 3rd Sundays of each month at 9:15am in the church foyer
- Bag of Needs outreach. Donation collection throughout December – packing bags mid-January
- Mother/Daughter Brunch (Saturday before Mother’s Day)
- Additional Bible Studies to be offered throughout the year
Be sure to visit our events page for updated information on all upcoming events!